PLEASE REMEMBER TO PURCHASE YOUR COMPULSORY DOLPHIN MILE
SWIMMING CAP UNDER EVENT PURCHASES [BELOW YOUR RACE PURCHASE] IF YOU DON'T HAVE
No swimmer under the age of 10, at the date of swim, will be allowed to
Start in front of Marine Surf Lifesaving Clubhouse or uShaka depending on sea conditions and finishing on the beach in front of Marine SLSC.
Race Briefing: 06:45
THE DOLPHIN MILE SURF SWIM SERIES INFORMATION:
The start of a Dolphin Mile Surf Swim Series event follows registration in the impressive Marine Surf Lifesaving Club clubhouse facility between Addington and Ushaka Beaches. The course is set, marshaled and patrolled by members of the Marine SLSC safety team with a crew in an inflatable, and others on surfskis and Malibu boards under the watchful eye of the MSLC crew and Safety Officer, Mike Raubenheimer, and event organizer, Heather Campbell. The course start and finish positions are adjusted for each of the Dolphin Mile events, according to prevailing surf conditions and in the best interests of the participating swimmers’ safety.
The sizes of the recent fields of entrant, both male and female, for events of the series of nine events, from age 10 through to 70+ years, indicates the growing appeal of the challenge of this event to all levels of participating swimmer. With the organizer’s emphasis on the promotion of participation, with a small measure of recognition for elite performance, the success of this nationally unique and self-sustaining series can be attributed to the support of the local swimming fraternity. Also most supportive of the series are those who have come forward, donating product and the like for presentation to participants, in the form of lucky draw prizes, after each series event.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
No swimmer under the age of 10, at the date of swim, will be allowed to compete.
· Only FINA official jammers and suits are allowed. For females suits must have no zips and not below the knee. For Males only suits without tops and above the knee or speedos. No baggies or wetsuits at all.
· No fins, tri-suits or wetsuits will be allowed.
· Caps will be provided at the first registration and are to be worn for each event.
· Swimmers are required to attend an event briefing which is held 10minutes prior to the event as details regarding route etc is advised at the briefing.
· Swimmers must ALL follow the route and round course markers as instructed at the briefing.
· Any swimmer not doing so will be disqualified.
· All competitors are required to run through, and EXIT, the finish tunnel without stopping to check times or places. It is not possible for the officials to do a proper job of the timekeeping and place judging when swimmers do not adhere to this instruction.
· All times and places will be posted on the Dolphin Mile website within 48hours of the event